• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Which plan supports document downloads?

I currently have the Websites + Marketing starter plan.  I was told by GoDaddy help that I cannot add upload a document to my website with this plan.  

I want to add two documents to my website so my members can download the rules and regulations of my club.  They will be pdf documents that the users will download and print out.

My question is will the basic plan allow me to do this?  Do I need to go to the Standard, or the Premium?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: Which plan supports document downloads?

I believe this feature is available on all of the plan levels.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-downloadable-files-24747

View solution in original post

Solution

Hi @YachtClub,

When I used the instructions provided and tried them on my own website, I had two options when choosing "Files" as the Section type. The first was "Best for a list of PDFs or Files for Downloads". The second option read, "Best for a Few Downloadable Files.".

When I chose the 2nd one, the right-side menu gave me the option to add files. I chose a Word file to see if a non-PDF would work, and was successful. You may wish to review the section options and even try other templates, if required. (Changing templates does not force you to re-create the website. The program will arrange and set the elements to fit.)

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User I
    Solution

I believe this feature is available on all of the plan levels.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-downloadable-files-24747

I clicked on edit site, I scrolled down to where it says "add section", the option to add files does not appear.  

Edit...it appears the help guide is outdated.  It does not give me the option to add files, but rather it says pdf viewer.  So, I added that section, and now I can add pdf files.

Super User I

Thanks for the update!  Seems to have changed since I've last used it so I'll need to check it out.

Solution

Hi @YachtClub,

When I used the instructions provided and tried them on my own website, I had two options when choosing "Files" as the Section type. The first was "Best for a list of PDFs or Files for Downloads". The second option read, "Best for a Few Downloadable Files.".

When I chose the 2nd one, the right-side menu gave me the option to add files. I chose a Word file to see if a non-PDF would work, and was successful. You may wish to review the section options and even try other templates, if required. (Changing templates does not force you to re-create the website. The program will arrange and set the elements to fit.)

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support