cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Statistics drop out - Business Website Builder v7

Good evening,

I spoke with GoDaddy rep., whose first name is Reagan, today re no site Statistics (visitors/locations count) for the last five days. I realize some of those days may be because in fact I had no visitors. Reagan said there is a known problem re Stats beginning Jan 18, and that technicians are working it.

I'm wondering how many fellow customers have experienced Stats drop-out...

I had a friend go to my site on Jan 18 8pm (US EST) & navigate to several pages, click on links, etc. No stats display yet.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Re: Statistics drop out - Business Website Builder v7

@GaryZ - It looks like the issue with v7 statistics have been resolved. If you're still seeing a problem, please get in touch with our care team so they can take another look. 

@Hopeful - The issue with v7 statistics seems to have been addressed shortly after I replied above. That may be why it wasn't listed when you checked. However, some issues that are not widespread do not land on the status page, so that could also be a cause. I understand how that could be confusing, so I apologize on that point. 

However, after checking internally, I do not see a listing for an issue with W+M statistics. This is why I suggested contacting support if you feel something is amiss. It might be something specific to your account and the care team can check to make sure things are functioning as intended. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @GaryZ. Thanks for posting. I can confirm that this is an issue with our Website Builder v7 product. As far as I know, it is not affecting Websites + Marketing accounts. I'll try to follow up once the issue is resolved. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Helper V

@GaryZ @JesseW I can report that my stats dropped to 60 views in the last month. I have never had my views anywhere near this level, so I suspect the problem is widespread. I have GD's eCommerce store (Website + Marketing).

Community Manager
    Community Manager

@Hopeful Just to clarify, the issue expressed by @GaryZ is only related to statistics from Website Builder v7 websites. As far as I know, there isn't an issue with statistics for W+M sites right now. If you suspect there's a problem with statistics on your account, I'd suggest contacting our care team so they can take a closer look. 

Helper V

@JesseW @GaryZ Well, that is why I'm reporting it. Since you say this is a known issue and there is no mention of it on the GD System Status page, it seems that things are not being reported accurately.

Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

@GaryZ - It looks like the issue with v7 statistics have been resolved. If you're still seeing a problem, please get in touch with our care team so they can take another look. 

@Hopeful - The issue with v7 statistics seems to have been addressed shortly after I replied above. That may be why it wasn't listed when you checked. However, some issues that are not widespread do not land on the status page, so that could also be a cause. I understand how that could be confusing, so I apologize on that point. 

However, after checking internally, I do not see a listing for an issue with W+M statistics. This is why I suggested contacting support if you feel something is amiss. It might be something specific to your account and the care team can check to make sure things are functioning as intended. 

View solution in original post

Helper V

@JesseWOK, I'll see if the problem continues. However, it has been my experience after being with GD for over 10 years that when issues arise they are almost never posted on the System Status page, even though there is a place to do so for each product. This really needs to be done so your customers are aware as to whether you are aware there is a problem. It saves everybody a lot of time waiting on the phone and explaining a problem that you may already be working on. If the fix can't be made in a few hours or less, it needs to be listed on the System Status.

@JesseW and @Hopeful .  Please accept my thanks for all of your helpful comments and updates, and please accept my apologies for not being able to respond until now.

Best regards,

GaryZ