• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Permalink Issue solved?

I was having this Permalink issue trying to upload product images. I think I figured out the problem, at least in my case. I had three photos, each with four products. I had cropped each individual item and renamed the four resulting jpegs. The first item worked fine but subsequent images gave me the permalink error. It then occurred to me that digital images have an embedded signature so even though I had renamed the cropped jpegs, the ones cropped from the same photo had the same signature which godaddy's software saw as the same image. To prove my point, I was able to upload one image from each of the three photos but got the permalink error when I tried to add a subsequent image. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Rockstar II Rockstar II
    Rockstar II
    Solution

Re: Permalink Issue solved?

I wanted to jump in for others that might be having this issue and so you will know that you are not alone @Animator6@ProdMgr_OLS does a great job in explaining this in the Error message: The Permalink has already been taken thread. I hope that helps?

@ProdMgr_OLS wrote:

Hi @DSJRACC,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with permalink. The system generates a unique link for your product, that could be used for search engine optimization. When you try to add two products with same name, the second product would fail to save with permalink error. You could either specify a slightly different name for the product or click 'Search Engine' tab on 'Add product' > Edit next to permalink to provide a different name. This should resolve the problem you are having. Let us know if you still have the problem saving your product.

Thanks,

Mohan Kumaresh,

Product Manger, Online Stores

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Rockstar II Rockstar II
    Rockstar II
    Solution

Re: Permalink Issue solved?

I wanted to jump in for others that might be having this issue and so you will know that you are not alone @Animator6@ProdMgr_OLS does a great job in explaining this in the Error message: The Permalink has already been taken thread. I hope that helps?

@ProdMgr_OLS wrote:

Hi @DSJRACC,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with permalink. The system generates a unique link for your product, that could be used for search engine optimization. When you try to add two products with same name, the second product would fail to save with permalink error. You could either specify a slightly different name for the product or click 'Search Engine' tab on 'Add product' > Edit next to permalink to provide a different name. This should resolve the problem you are having. Let us know if you still have the problem saving your product.

Thanks,

Mohan Kumaresh,

Product Manger, Online Stores

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post