Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    jmacdougca
    Getting Started

Open Outgoing Port 25 On GoDaddy VPS

I am unable to send an email from the cli on this GoDaddy server I got. I spoke with GoDaddy technician and they said I am the one who is responsible for openning outgoing port 25. Technician also said there is nothing on there end that is preventing me from opening outgoing port 25 to send mail. So the desired result is attainable which is to send mail from this server.

I have sent the email from Godaddy to orcainbox@aol.com. I used command echo "Subject: sendmail test" | sendmail -v orcainbox@aol.com Then I received the following on my webmail of my self hosted server where I am using qmail and vpop.

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at example.com. I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

orcainbox@aol.com: 184.69.151.38 does not like recipient. Remote host said: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) Giving up on 184.69.151.38.

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Return-Path: webmaster@example.com Received: (qmail 4663 invoked by uid 1000); 19 Apr 2021 16:19:33 +0000 Date: 19 Apr 2021 16:19:33 +0000 Message-ID: 20210419161933.4662.qmail@example.com From: webmaster@example.com Cc: recipient list not shown: ; Subject: sendmail test

netstat -antplF 

shows me tcp LISTEN 0.0.0.0.:25

How do I open outgoing port 25 on this CentOS7 server?

0 REPLIES 0