Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    nshah002
    New

Getting admin rights to install SQL

How do I grant myself admin rights with full admin rights to install SQL Server and Active Directory?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    LunarGuy
    Employee

Hi nshah002,

It depends on the hosting your on. If your on a Shared Hosting environment such as Linux with cPanel, or Manage WordPress you won't have full root access. You can access via SSH but won't have full admin rights as its a Shared Hosting environment.

If your on a Dedicated Hosting like a Virtual Private Server (VPS) or a Dedicated Server you'll be granted full root access and can get that information from your Hosting Dashboard depending on your purchased configuration.

Other than that if you could provide further information or contacting our 24/7 customer support and request Hosting. I'm sure we can figure this out together.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    LunarGuy
    Employee

Hi nshah002,

It depends on the hosting your on. If your on a Shared Hosting environment such as Linux with cPanel, or Manage WordPress you won't have full root access. You can access via SSH but won't have full admin rights as its a Shared Hosting environment.

If your on a Dedicated Hosting like a Virtual Private Server (VPS) or a Dedicated Server you'll be granted full root access and can get that information from your Hosting Dashboard depending on your purchased configuration.

Other than that if you could provide further information or contacting our 24/7 customer support and request Hosting. I'm sure we can figure this out together.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post