cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Wordpress - 404 error not found

Hi I recently reset my cpanel account and started fresh , and when starting I installed wordpress, since then I am unable to view my website -  www.earncrafty.com not even www.earncrafty.com/wp-login.php file is accessible. Now I did some digging and found out that .htaccess might be the issue, so I enabled to show hidden files and removed it, but nothing changed. And everytime i try to login a deleteme..* file is being generated in wp-content folder inside the file manager. I even have my theme uploaded and extracted in the wp-content/theme/ folder

I am a freelancer php developer, new to Wordpress , can you please help me out with the issue ASAP. So I can ensure my Client regarding the ETA of the fix.

Thank you for reading.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Re: Wordpress - 404 error not found

@earncrafty

Did you get things sorted out?  Just went to the URL provided and it popped with the default WordPress theme.  Login URL is good too! Smiley Wink

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

No the problem is not solved . Just check this link once http://www.earncrafty.com/wp-login.php

this looks empty and i am unable to upload my theme as its shows some kind of php.ini and something which is beyond my knowledge . so i hope you people can have a idea about this and please help me with this .

Super User II Super User II
Super User II

@earncrafty

Just went to the login page again, and again no problems.  Smiley Frustrated

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Hi,

I'm running into this same issue as well after updating to the latest version of WordPress. Was a solution found for this? My login page is http://www.shotimemedia.com/wp-admin .

I decided to save what I could from the live site and start fresh by uninstalling and reinstalling WordPress again.