cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

WordPress Theme

Hi, new to WordPress and looking for for a theme to build an eCommerce site. Looking for something that I can quickly put together and nothing that needs to be to fancy...

Looking on themeforest site I see this avada theme https://themeforest.net/item/avada-responsive-multipurpose-theme/2833226 is by far the most popular with 5 star review ...

Any body can provide some feedback on going this route or suggest any other theme? Just need to sell a couple of products.... with different pricing for bulk and retail...

With whatever theme I end up using, also need some recommendations on how to deal with my images that I will be loading on the site, i.e need them to be completely responsive and need to know if there is a specific format I should use, specific size, orientation... is there tools, plugins I need to use etc

I am a programmer but have not dealt with designing and building complete website...

Thanks in advance for any tips.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@pbarjon001 

1) Avada & 5.4.x - This is just called they haven't pushed an update out recently so they didn't update the "supported" tag yet

2) The reason I prefer Lambda over Avada is that Avada has 2 required plugins that are part of it's "core" system that is needed to function. While this may not add a lot of overhead, it is additional scripts etc that have to load.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User IV

@pbarjon001 

I've used Avada  on a number of sites over the years, personally I prefer Lambda. There is nothing wrong with Avada - Regardless of theme, I recommend downloading the demo content and then just replace it with your specific content and you should be good to go.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

@pl281Thanks for quick response.Do you mind dropping a few lines on why you prefer lambda? Also just noticed that Avada only mentioned support for wordpress 5.3.x where as godaddy is on 5.4.1. Any thoughts on this?

@pbarjon001 

1) Avada & 5.4.x - This is just called they haven't pushed an update out recently so they didn't update the "supported" tag yet

2) The reason I prefer Lambda over Avada is that Avada has 2 required plugins that are part of it's "core" system that is needed to function. While this may not add a lot of overhead, it is additional scripts etc that have to load.

View solution in original post

@PL281

Following up on this if I may...

I noticed Avada has lots of tutorials. Can not see any for Lambda. Is this because I have not purchased yet?

Thanks

@m2001smith 

Avada has tutorials as they have some of their own tags and therefore need to provide that. Lambda use WP Bakery Visual Composer which has many tutorials / videos