Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New
New

WordPress Announcement - Moving Towards SSL

Article: https://wordpress.org/news/2016/12/moving-toward-ssl/

Hello,

With the recent announcement of Wordpress moving towards requiring SSL support on hosting is GoDaddy investigating the chance to implement a cheaper option of SSL. I have many clients who use Shared Hosting with cPanel (Linux) with GoDaddy and can't afford the $70 a year price tag with SSL Certificates because they are non-profit/volunteer organizations.

Is there a chance that GoDaddy might be working towards implementing something like "Let's Encrypt" for Linux and Windows Shared Hosting (including cPanel)?

I think this announcement from WordPress should be a kick for GoDaddy to implement "Let's Encrypt" in cPanel Hosting. I know other hosting providers do, but I am a loyal GoDaddy customer for many years.

Thanks

Chris Zenzel

Chris Zenzel
2 REPLIES 2

Re: WordPress Announcement - Moving Towards SSL

I agree!  I don't want to move my account, but will if Godaddy does not have a reasonable path to SSL.  

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: WordPress Announcement - Moving Towards SSL

Hi @ChrisZ and @jerodkillick. There was another post similar to this where our head of WordPress products replied. You can find that here

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.