cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Unable to access WP Admin Login Page

I have been using my laptop running windows 10 for the last few weeks to access my site, however today I could not get access to my admin page. when I click on the manage tab a blank screen opens up. Support tell sme they can open the page and I can also open the page on my tablet using android operating. It seems to only not be working on my windows 10 laptop (but it was working for months).

Somethings I have done and not done:

Done:

Contacted support - spent 6 hrs and they could not help

cleared my cache

tried a different machine (it works on my android tablet)

cleared cookies

tried incognito

tried a different browser

tried a different ISP

restarted my machine

Not Done

updated any plugins (none needed)

updated the theme(none needed)

restored from back up (Can not access this screen because I just get a blank screen)

manually entering through my phpfile (Can not access this screen due to blank page)

any help would really be appreciated, unfortunately I am not very technical.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Unable to access WP Admin Login Page

@Patrickandpie 

1) What is your domain name

2) Can you access the front end of the site or do you get blank on that as well??

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi, and thank you for looking at this.

My site is called Vietnam Holidays and Tours

Www.vietnamholidaysandtours.com 

I can visit the site fine I just can access the back admin area on my windows 10 laptop although i usually can. The back admin area can be accessed on my Samsung tablet using android.

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@Patrickandpie 

Ok so a couple of things - 

1) I was able to get to the front end and the WordPress login - so I don't think it is an issue with the site per say

2) Do you have any sort of limit login or security plugin installed?

3) As I believe this is running on Managed WordPress - can you get into the admin if you go in via the hosting panel vs logging into the site directly?

4) It looks like you have debug mode on, do you also have debug_log enabled?

5) Have you tried going to the login page with the nocache variable /wp-login.php?nocache=1

This is disabling the server side caching - and while one would expect the issue across devices it's possible it's something on your computer

6) The next thing I would do is to disable all the plugins and see if you can get to the admin that way.

Let me know the above answers and hopefully we'll get you in the right direction

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community