cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

PHP error log is empty

I have php_error.log file in my webroot. However, it is always empty even though I am getting Service unavailable error when I am trying to some some tasks. Godaddy instructions say:

Place the following line in your initialization file:
error_log = /path/to/your/webroot/php_error.log

What exactly does /path/to/your/webroot/ mean? Is it full url of my site (like

error_log = http://www.mysite.com/php_error.log ) or is it something else? If it is full url of my site, should it be preceded by forward slash like is their instructions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

@lzr0 

Did you ever get this resolved?  The line example you provided is just that path to your server's root -- where your website files reside.  In your case where your WordPress installation is located.   This can be different on different hosting servers.

Being you are on WordPress, why not engage the built in WordPress Error Login feature in your wp-config.php file?   Here's a how to on how to accomplish that.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"No pressure, no diamonds." Thomas Carlyle

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II

@lzr0 

Did you ever get this resolved?  The line example you provided is just that path to your server's root -- where your website files reside.  In your case where your WordPress installation is located.   This can be different on different hosting servers.

Being you are on WordPress, why not engage the built in WordPress Error Login feature in your wp-config.php file?   Here's a how to on how to accomplish that.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"No pressure, no diamonds." Thomas Carlyle

View solution in original post