cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How do I access my backup folder and make it writable?

I'm getting an error at the top of my Wordpress Site Admin page:

Your backup folder is NOT writable

To correct this issue, make the folder /home/content/94/10868094/html/wp-content/backup-db writable.

Your backup folder MIGHT be visible to the public

To correct this issue, move the file from /home/content/p3pnexwpnas12_data03/63/41933663/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-dbmanager/htaccess.txt to /home/content/94/10868094/html/wp-content/backup-db/.htaccess

To correct this issue, move the file from /home/content/p3pnexwpnas12_data03/63/41933663/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-dbmanager/index.php to /home/content/94/10868094/html/wp-content/backup-db/index.php

How do I access these folders to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Hi @ek3. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Whether a directory is writeable is part of its permissions. If you need to change the permissions for a directory, you can usually do so using the File Manager for your hosting plan. The options are different depending on the type of account you have.

If you have a Linux plan, you can also change directory / file permissions by using an FTP client like FileZilla using CHMOD. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
New

I have the same problem. Did your issue get resolved?

Community Manager

Hi @ek3. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Whether a directory is writeable is part of its permissions. If you need to change the permissions for a directory, you can usually do so using the File Manager for your hosting plan. The options are different depending on the type of account you have.

If you have a Linux plan, you can also change directory / file permissions by using an FTP client like FileZilla using CHMOD. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post