cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

How can i sell digital copies of our clients music ?

Hello I am interested in creating a digital store on my website to start selling our product. Dose anyone know how I can get started?

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

This is actually a huge question @itsLOM but I'll try to help. First thing I'd say is to decide on the platform you want to use (GoDaddy Website Builder, WordPress, Magento, osCommerce...) Your solution will be determined after you first choose a platform. There are some great offerings out there that would enable you to sell digital products online.

Depending on your need perhaps a online shop for independant artists would work? Certainly there are a lot of options and decisions to be made but looking at options is the first step. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

@rd Thank you for the quick response I am already with website builder here is the site http://www.itslom.com/ it is still getting updated and we are currently in the process of having a new look created.

Super User II Super User II
Super User II

I have not done something like that from Website Builder @itsLOM I know that Quick Shopping Cart in the past could be used while Offering downloadable products but I'm think that was only in Website Builder 6? With Website Builder 7 you can also sell products but I'm not sure about digitally downloaded products? Website Builder does allow you to post audio and that seems like something that would be helpful to you so that your customers could hear samples (probably low quality 30 second clips)

Under Apps in your Website Builder panel you will see Sell Products and Services powered by PayPal where you can configure individual Buy Now or Add to Cart buttons. Previously I would use the "Take customers to this URL when they finish checkout" while configuring PayPal buttons to sale digital items but that only works for single files or multiple files contained in one ZIP file. Additionally the Website Builder PayPal App configuration does not allow for that kind of configuration. I don't know if the digital download feature was taken away between versions 6 and 7 but perhaps there is a way to do it in Website Builder 7 as well and I'm missing it?

I'm trying to wrap my head around using GoDaddy Website Builder for what you want to do but perhaps GoDaddy Online Store would be the better offering for you? I don't know if the Online Store lets you sale digitally downloaded products but certainly it is worth talking to a representative about it or perhaps even taking advantage of the Free 30 Day Trial? Perhaps someone else has more insight on this? Did I help or make it more confusing?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

@rd ok cool thank you for the help.