cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Has the Apostrophe 2 theme been discontinued

On Wordpress.org it says that the theme "Apostrophe 2" has been discontinued.  But on wordpress.com it says it is new.  Does anyone know for sure if this them has been retired? Which Wordpress site is the most up to date with its information?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@healthierwp 

Generally speaking I personally stay away from the Free themes in the WordPress Repo except for the Twenty ________  themes - and while those do get updated, it is more so just updates to take advantage of new code in WordPress vs complete redos.

That said......  Apostrophe 2 looks to have been updated last year so I would just use that one.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV

@healthierwp 

So from what I can see Apostrophe 2 is an update to Apostrophe which is still available but hasn't been updated in 3 years.

If you wish to use Apostrophe 2 here is the link - https://public-api.wordpress.com/rest/v1/themes/download/apostrophe-2.zip

It was / is at the bottom of the WordPress.com page

It's called this theme is not in the .org repository which can cause / add to the confusion.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

If it hasn't been updated in 3 years, is it a good idea to use it? Thank
you for your help.

@healthierwp 

Generally speaking I personally stay away from the Free themes in the WordPress Repo except for the Twenty ________  themes - and while those do get updated, it is more so just updates to take advantage of new code in WordPress vs complete redos.

That said......  Apostrophe 2 looks to have been updated last year so I would just use that one.

View solution in original post

Thank you. You've been very helpful.