cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading Wordpress site contents

Is it possible to still download the written content of a former Wordpress Blog? It is still listed under Domain Manager, but I chose not to renew the domain when it came due several months ago (I don't really recall when-I was ill and couldn't keep it up). The site was lifesrollercoaster.com.

Thanks for your help.

James

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Downloading Wordpress site contents

Hi @Jlatour

Thank you for your post. I checked for an archive of lifesrollercoaster.com but wasn't able to find one. If you remember were the blog was hosted, that may help you on your search. 

Best wishes!

-TechFly

Not sure if you got my reply to yours. Thanks for replying. I host only with you. I also have lifesjourneysceremonies.ca
Employee
Employee

Hi @Jlatour

Thank you for the response. If you hosted the website on the same hosting account, the content of the wordpress should still be in the hosting directory. 

There may be a way to export the information directly from the Database. I believe the following tutorial may help:

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/linux-and-open-source/how-to-recover-all-your-posts-from-a-wordpres...

Alternatively, you could use an existing domain you have to reassign the wordpress installation on to it so that you would have direct access to the WP dashboard to export from there. 

Hope this helps you move forward. 

Best wishes!

-TechFly