cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

SSL works on chrome but NOT in mozilla firefox

This is really a big issue with you godaddy. When i installed the SSL on my domain, everything looked good and worked until yesterday (ie. 25 March 2017). Today suddenly Im getting an error on mozila that " Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to the website. Peer’s Certificate has been revoked. Error code: SEC_ERROR_REVOKED_CERTIFICATE

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem. " 

What is this and how do I rectify this issue. My website is suppose to be secured and with issues like this you are created problems for me as well as yourself. 

18 REPLIES 18
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: SSL works on chrome but NOT in mozilla firefox

Hi, @cnrevolutions. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Perhaps you've already resolved this. I'm not seeing an error when I open the site using FireFox (45.8.0). Also, according to this test site, the certificate for the domain appears to be correctly installed. If you were able to get this resolved, please considering posting an update here. Others may benefit from your experience.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I'll add this from personal experience: Firefox is apparently caching a lot of info now. Sometimes restarting, clearing cookies, etc., etc., will help.

I'm on Linux, so I use Firefox and Konqueror, the browser that comes with the KDE desktop. If Firefox gives me an issue but Konqueror doesn't, a restart and a cleanup of Firefox is the first thing I try.

New

Hello Jesse,

I am also facing the similar issue.

SSL works fine on chrome but Mozilla show connection is not secure.

Please help.

Thanks

Same issue - works in IE, Edge, and Chrome, but not Firefox. GoDaddy Support says the certificate is installed correctly and the serial numbers match. Compatibility with Firefox is a requirement for our website.

I would like to share my experience with this one as well. We added another domain on our UCC certificate and we forgot to update the current certificate on our virtual server. It triggered the SEC_ERROR_REVOKED_CERTIFICATE showing in Firefox. After updating it, the issue is fixed. 

In conclusion, one possibility of having this error is because our certificate on our server is outdated

Hello,

Still there is issue with godaddy SSL issue "SEC_ERROR_REVOKED_CERTIFICATE" with firefox. Please test https://myfreeimplants.com in firefox. It is being passed SSl checkin at https://www.sslshopper.com/index.php?q=ssl-checker.html#hostname=https://myfreeimplants.com. 

I had similar issue. Suddenly it shows my certificate is expired so I reissue the certificate by using new CSR. After reissue, have to wait for few hours for them to reissue. Next day I saw I can download the new certificate. I downloaded and uploaded that certificate on my site. So it's working fine but only in Chrome. IE and Mozilla shows "sec_error_revoked_certificate" error. After 2 days, I downloaded certificate again and surprisingly this new certificate has different key/name. Means the very next day I downloaded certificate was still old. They simple shows me download is available for new certificate but it's still old certificate or something. After downloading the cert again and reinstalling on server solved my issues. Hope godaddy look into this.

UPDATE: Resolved by permitting the hashes for the root.

Can you please explain what you mean by this? "UPDATE: Resolved by permitting the hashes for the root."

I'm having the same issue, and reinstalling the certificate isn't fixing it.

Same problem www.leaveitaly.com works om chrome not on ie or Firefox

Not seeing any solves.  Can someone who has resolved this issue please post the solution?  Thanks!

New

Can this poster, or someone else please clarify what is meant by "permitting the hashes for the root"?
I admit I have no idea what this is saying, and there is at least one other poster who also would like help resolving this same issue -- site works with no errors using Chrome, Safari, but with FF gives certificate-revoked error.

Has someone solved this yet?

#!/bin/bash

@manufacturingco wrote:

UPDATE: Resolved by permitting the hashes for the root.

What exactly does that mean?

#!/bin/bash
New

I have just noticed that it does work in Firefox in Mac but not in Windows, another issue I found using :

https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html

The certificate is not trusted in all web browsers. You may need to install an Intermediate/chain certificate to link it to a trusted root certificate. Learn more about this error. You can fix this by following GoDaddy's Certificate Installation Instructions for your server platform. Pay attention to the parts about Intermediate certificates.

So I have resolved the issue by adding the whole certificate chain to my server, if you add just the server certificate without the complete chain certificates up to the root, then you will face this issue in Firefox.
Highlighted

Totally agree with you. My site works on Chrome but not Firefox and Internet explorer. It's absolutely unacceptable because it has gone on for the past two weeks and my client is withholding payment for a service because of this. I revoked the SSL cert by accident and now GoDaddy insists on charging me for a cert which (doesn't even work?). Speaks alot. 

Solution

I was having the same issue but resolved it by going to cPanel's Manage SSL Host section and going to the domain in question and clicking Update Certificate. Then you just have to either use the Autofill by Domain button or reenter the certificates info and clicking Install Certificate.

Hello1

Firefox is apparently caching a lot of info now. Sometimes restarting, clearing cookies, etc., I hope this will help you. for more information please visit site