cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

SSL for Add-On domains

I'm just looking for a little clarification.

I have:

-5 domains registered

-Deluxe cPanel hosting for one domain, with the other 4 as Add-On domains

-Standard UCC SSL for up to 5 domains.

What is the proper way to secure all 5 domains with and without the www prefix?

With standard installation and 5 SANs, it does not cover all 10 scenarios.

Do I need 5 certificates issued? Or can this be done on one? Is each SAN considered a separate site?

I feel like I'm missing something here? Any help would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User III

The first domain added to UCC includes www for free, for the rest it would take 2 credits to secure with and without www.  So a 5 UCC would cover 3 domains with and without www.  A 10 UCC would cover 5 domains (with and without www) and have 1 remaining that could be used on a sub-domain.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III

The first domain added to UCC includes www for free, for the rest it would take 2 credits to secure with and without www.  So a 5 UCC would cover 3 domains with and without www.  A 10 UCC would cover 5 domains (with and without www) and have 1 remaining that could be used on a sub-domain.

View solution in original post

@Nate Thank you! What is the proper way to secure the add-on's? Just adding them to the list of SAN's does not do it. 

Do I need a different CSR for each add-on? I should only have the 1 certificate... correct?

I'm still missing something.  The documentation covers adding SSL to the primary domain. I got that, no problem. I can't figure out how to get the add-ons secured on the same cert?

SSLs should be for a specific entity.  So multiple websites of the same family can share an SSL certificate, but unrelated websites should have their own SSL certificate.

For the add-on domains you would need to add yourdomain.com and www.yourdomain.com for them both to be covered.