cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Potential spam pages added to my domain?

I am in the process of trying to improve backlinks and remove potentially harmful links.

I am using the godaddy domain www.physicahealth.com and this brings you to our page at www.physicahealth.co.uk

We have never added or done anything with this '.com' version - yet our tool is showing the following links that we have never seen before... none of these 'endings' such as 'solutions' or 'success stories' are used in our main website either. Wondering is the presence of these are harmful to our SEO and how we could go about getting rid of them?  Thanks

Inbound Links with High Spam Scores Last Updated 9/Feb/2020

hxxp://physicahealth.com/solutions
linking to hxxp://www.physicahealth.co.uk/solutions
hxxp://physicahealth.com/WeNjZ/
linking to hxxp://www.physicahealth.co.uk/WeNjZ
hxxp://physicahealth.com/XpjPZ/
linking to hxxp://www.physicahealth.co.uk/XpjPZ
hxxp://physicahealth.com/XpjPZ/
linking to hxxp://www.physicahealth.co.uk/LLjNZ/XpjPZ
hxxp://physicahealth.com/about
linking to hxxp://www.physicahealth.co.uk/about
hxxp://physicahealth.com/VdXQZ/PmfhZ/success-stories/
linking to hxxp://www.physicahealth.co.uk/VdXQZ/PmfhZ/success-stories
hxxp://physicahealth.com/home
linking to hxxp://www.physicahealth.co.uk/home
hxxp://physicahealth.com/pOkZk/solutions/
linking to hxxp://www.physicahealth.co.uk/pOkZk/solutions
hxxp://physicahealth.com/solutions/tools/
linking to hxxp://www.physicahealth.co.uk/solutions/tools
hxxp://physicahealth.com/success-stories/
linking to hxxp://www.physicahealth.co.uk/success-stories

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I wouldn't expect them to have a large impact and I wouldn't worry about that. 

In terms of SEO, there are ways to hurt your website by backlinks - and you're unlikely to ever find who did it. Getting rid of bad backlinks is tricky as you would need to reach out to the owners of the sites that link to your website and ask them nicely to remove/update the backlinks.

In your case, the only thing you could do on your own is a redirect of those pages to your landing page hope the spam "score" will be updated eventually. But as the links are dead anyway - not really worth it, I'd think.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Resolver III

Hi, it looks like you've registered your domain name about 6 months ago. The back links you found are to the content created by the previous owner of the domain (which let the domain go in May 2018), rather than your server being hacked. 🙂

Dan

———

I've worked around (not only) SSL security for over 20 years in enterprises and startups. 

I am now running an HTTPS expiry management service KeyChest.net

Hi Dan thanks so much - you've saved me a headache! 

So i guess based on that -  - are those kinds of links negative from googles SEO perspective and if so how would i go about getting rid of them?

If they are not and i should just forget about them then thats ok. 

Appreciate your help. 

I wouldn't expect them to have a large impact and I wouldn't worry about that. 

In terms of SEO, there are ways to hurt your website by backlinks - and you're unlikely to ever find who did it. Getting rid of bad backlinks is tricky as you would need to reach out to the owners of the sites that link to your website and ask them nicely to remove/update the backlinks.

In your case, the only thing you could do on your own is a redirect of those pages to your landing page hope the spam "score" will be updated eventually. But as the links are dead anyway - not really worth it, I'd think.

View solution in original post

ok thats good enough for me - i know there plenty of 'positive' things i need to be doing for SEO but just wanted to make sure i was covering any negative stuff to begin with. Will bear those links in mind but will leave them for now.

Many thanks for your help.