cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Is godaddy SSL and Web Host set for TLS1.2 connections?

I received a message from Authori.net informing they deactivate connections to their server using TLS1.0 and TLS1.1 - Question is godaddy SSL and Web Host set for TLS1.2 connections?

As you may be aware, new PCI DSS requirements state that all payment systems must disable early TLS by 2018. Transport Layer Security (TLS), is a technology used to encrypt sensitive information sent via the Internet. TLS is the replacement for Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
In preparation for this requirement, Authorize.Net plans to disable TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 on the following dates:
Sandbox: COMPLETE
Production: September 18, 2017
We have disabled the sandbox in advance of production to allow you and your developer time to test your website or payment solution and ensure you are no longer using TLS 1.0 or 1.1 prior to September 18th.
Please contact your web developer or payment solution provider, as well as your web hosting company, to confirm that they can support TLS 1.2 for your API connections.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Turn on TLS 1.2

I got the same email today and I have no idea what they are talking about. Does Godaddy's shopping cart support this new TLS 1.2 ???

Godaddy support team - Any updates on this?

Where do I find the answer to this question. I received an email from my merchant services company that it has to be done by July 25th.

Also received the email and wondering what actions need to be taken.

Employee
Employee

I found an article that may help those looking for A)How do I know what TLS version my hosting plan approves and B) What can I use to check which version of TLS is running on my site.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/which-version-of-tls-is-my-hosting-account-using-26956

Hope this helps!

Looks like Godaddy is giving up on having any retail stores in their servers.  No TLS upgrade means no credit cards can be used on GD.  Everyone out of the boat!

New

I have this same problem, I need to disable the TLS1 and TLS1.1 protocols in order to adjust to the regulation and be able to transact with the payment API. Could someone solve this problem?

Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @WTCafe,

Thanks for writing in. TLS 1.0 has been disabled across the board for GoDaddy Shared Hosting, but at this time we do not offer the ability to turn off TLS 1.1 on individual shared hosting accounts. For more granular control of your hosting environment, you may need to consider moving over to a virtual private server. 

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Nicole

Tech Writer at GoDaddy