cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated with Services

I have gotten burned by Go Daddy so many times. I am going to find out what my options.  Here's what happened. I have a small business online.  For some reason my web site got blocked from some of my customers-schools. Go Daddy directed me to get buy a product to protect it. I believe it was the firewall security. Then I was directed to buy a new SLS certificate. I did that. A month later my web site was blocked again. Mind you, when it gets blocked, it stays blocked for at least a few weeks. I called Go Daddy and the guy said everything was fine, he didn't know why that happened. The next day I got calls it was blocked at another location. I called back. This time they say that they will move my SLS certificate behind the firewall. THEY NEVER PUT IT THERE when I bought it!!! . Now I am screwed again. I could seriously cry. I have had other scenarios where they have not completed what should be done. And, I told the guy this last time, that if there is something that I am supposed to do to complete it, they need to let me know. He assured me I was all set.  Honestly, they only care about selling products, but then don't take the time to be sure they are fully installed.  Just when you think you solved something by purchasing a product, you find out that the reps either don't know how to fully connect you to it, or are too lazy and don't care what happens to your site. Each time I call I learn something new.  I'm so disappointed in Go Daddy. They need to have much better training so that their people know what they are talking about. Can anyone recommend a better place for me to get better service?

7 REPLIES 7
Super User II

@JanetRomo 

I definitely feel for you. Probably lots of jargon thrown at you and not a lot of real help. It does happen sometimes, and even though I'm not a GoDaddy employee, I can assure you this is not the experience they want you to have.

Can you provide a link to the website in question? Also, what type of website is it? (WordPress, Joomla, etc.) Like I said, most of us are volunteers here, but we're pretty good at what we do and we'd love to try to turn this around for you.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

@MrVapor Thanks for responding. It's true that I do not know a lot about all of
these products, but I am learning more as I go along. One thing I know for
sure, is that they do not notify you if there is something that you need to
do, and if there is something more they need to do, but can't do it that
moment, they don't finish it. These errors have cost me money. My customers
are schools, which have sensitive firewalls. The same schools that were
blocked the first time were blocked the second time. I found out that after
I bought a new SLS certificate that they didn't put it behind the firewall
and that is the only thing I can think of that made my site get blocked. I
don't even know who to complain to. My site is www.austinlily.com

*Janet Giel- Romo, Ed.D. *

Imagine a world where people with intellectual disabilities develop to
their potential.

* Endorsed in the following areas in the state of AZ:*
Social Studies
ESL K-12
Cross-Categorical Sped K-12
Reading K-12
Middle School
Adult Education

Also, my web site is part wordpress and part custom

Community Manager

Hi @JanetRomo. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I'm sorry your support experiences have not gone as well as they could have. I do not know what happened in your situation specifically, but based on what you've said I would guess you purchased our Website Security services but were not informed of how to make use of them. One thing I can say is that you should always be notified on next steps if you purchase a product or service, especially if you make the purchase directly with a GoDaddy Guide. 

In regard to your issue, the first thing to determine is why your site is getting blocked. This can happen for numerous reasons, especially if your visitors have a strict firewall. While having an SSL Certificate is an important part of overall website security, there are other issues that can cause a site to be blocked. I did a free Sucuri website check and it doesn't look like you have any malware currently (though this is just preliminary check). WordPress websites can easily become compromised if plugins, themes, and core WordPress files are not kept up to date. I would highly recommend finding out specifically why your site is being blocked so you can focus on addressing the right issue. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I'm gonna have to agree with @JesseW on this one and say it sounds like maybe the sites need to be added to the school firewall exclusion list or the whitelist. The site comes up and loads super fast for me in multiple countries on a VPN and the SSL looks like it's sorted correctly and configured.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

This is not a solution to the biggest issue. Why was my site blocked in the first place? It's due to Go Daddy's incompetence. 

Something happened with the security on my web site, which I was assured would not happen if I bought the products I did. My site was working fine at both locations, and one day it was blocked for both. Nothing changed for their firewall, something happened to the alert them that my site was not ok and the message my customers got on their screen warned them that their information may be stolen or something like that. I believe it was due to Go Daddy not completing the process of completely protecting my site and not putting it behind the firewall, which is something I paid for.  I'm seriously pissed at the people who sold me my products without making sure everything was done.