cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Web Deploy Issue with Visual Studio 2019

1. Facing problem in deploying my asp.net mvc application in windows plesk hosting.

2. Following error is generated while trying preview my app using Web Publish utility of Visual Studio 2019: 

"Web deployment task failed. ((26-08-2019 10:46:23) An error occurred when the request was processed on the remote computer.)
(26-08-2019 10:46:23) An error occurred when the request was processed on the remote computer.
Unable to perform the operation. Please contact your server administrator to check authorization and delegation settings."

3. While publishing the app by pressing Publish button following error is generated: 
Error.png
4. The Error Log file Looks like this : 

ErroLog.png

Any help regarding issue would be appreciated.

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Web Deploy Issue with Visual Studio 2019

Facing same problem. It was working since last one year, suddenly it stopped working before two days.

Error: 

Web deployment task failed. ((26/08/2019 19:43:15) An error occurred when the request was processed on the remote computer.)

(26/08/2019 19:43:15) An error occurred when the request was processed on the remote computer.
Unable to perform the operation. Please contact your server administrator to check authorization and delegation settings.

I am also facing issue.  It was working till Thursday but now i am getting same error.

New

I am facing this issue on VS2017 every time i open chat with support they tell me it's out of scope!!! 

Anyway if anyone have a solution please share it with us. 

same error here, they do not accept that the error is caused by them.

New

Same here. I had deployed fine last week. Went to deploy an update today, and bam; same generic error, and so far, I haven't found any better logging to indicate specifically what has gone wrong.

They've definitely broken something on their end. If I had to guess, it's in permissions on the files and the account that web deploy runs under in their environment. 

Also, at least some of the files update when I do the deployment, but web deploy fails to remove the app_offline.htm file (maybe it's getting a permission denied or something?). I manually remove that file after getting the web deploy error, and the updated site displays... but I also tried a FTP push as well, so it's possible the updates got pushed out via FTP, and web deploy is still 100% failing.

Exact same issue here...  Is there any update?

I thought it might be an issue with "Web Deploy", but after trying four different websites, that does not appear to be the problem.  All failed.

Any update on this ?

I'm using VS2015 and its failing.

Still a problem for me, in both VS2017 and VS2019.

I'm going to try and call GoDaddy Tech Support today and see if they can help.

Update to follow.

Re: Web Deploy Issue with Visual Studio 2017

Hi Am also facing same issue please update me.

We are having the same issue. If anyone has information on how to resolve please update this thread.

Same issue here, Was working fine last week problem started on monday when trying to web deploy my asp.net webforms app.

I did not change, add or remove any sites, accounts or ftp access. Also did not change anything in my web.config. Just added another page to the site with html/js content.

Does anyone know of any alternatives to uploading your application without webdeploy in this type of environment with no access to RDP/IIS?

In my experience working with IIS and Windows servers it's most likely a file permissions error on their end.

Can't blame them tho, only about 5 living human beings on this planet who are certified enough in windows fluff to actually diagnose a problem with IIS. Only thing they can do is create a server backup or snapshot and keep unistalling/reinstalling and changing permissions/settings until it works or hire a micro**bleep** certified tech for $9,000/hour to come out and add file permissions to a user that is hidden or check a web deploy box hidden deep in some program that has never been used but somehow is now relevant.

Same issue here. Tried with Visual Studio 2015 and 2017.

New

I was able to successfully do a FTP deployment from Visual Studio, but had to go in afterwards and manually delete the app_offline.htm file.  (That app_offline file apparently got pushed out via my initial Web Deploy failed attempt, because when it failed, I went to check the site and make sure it wasn't FUBAR, then discovered that yeah, it was... so I can't swear that an FTP deployment also creates the offline file.)

It's working now.

Working for me as well.  Happy days!

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hello Everyone. I wanted to let you know that as a result of this thread, our Plesk team made some changes on our end to try to address the issues you've been having. If you haven't done so in the last 12 hours, please try deploying again. It should be working for you. Feel free to follow up if there are still issues. 

For those that have mentioned issues with FTP, they may not be related to the main discussion in this topic. You may want to try using passive FTP instead. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Godaddy's online support team could have been more supportive and told us that yeah, it was an issue and they were working on it. Instead, they kept saying it was a third party problem and we were on our own to solve it. Shame on them.