cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

how to set up email for each of the two domain that under same hosting -- but for office 365

I have the same question as garfchong, except in my case, we have two domains (a .org and a .com), with a GoCentral website and O365 email on one of them.  I have the second domain forwarding to the first one for web site traffic.   Can I also do something so that person@domain.com is an alias for person@domain.org?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Re: how to set up email for each of the two domain that under same hosting -- but for office 365

@draperd 

I had to do some quick research on this - from what I see - GoDaddy has tweaked O365 slightly - Their version of it does not support domain aliases - 

What you would need to do is use the Free Email Forwarding that should have come with your domain to forward email from the 2nd domain to the primary domain on O365

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: how to set up email for each of the two domain that under same hosting -- but for office 365

Thanks for your answer --- but I cannot find email forwarding as a feature anywhere in the GoDaddy domain management.  I can add email, but that means creating a new additional O365 account, which isn't what I want.

I've seen some instructions for doing this manually with the DNS records, but they are confusing when it comes to O356.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@draperd 

If you go to https://wcc.godaddy.com/email you should see an option for forwarding the 2nd domain email

Also this help file walks you through it

https://www.godaddy.com/help/set-up-my-forwarding-email-address-7598

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community