cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

*@domain.name

Hi folks I'm transferring email hosting to GD, in the past I've used the * so when someone sends an email say spelt wrong or a made up name at my domain I still get it. Does this still work? Eg someone sends hi@mydomain.com when it should be hello@mydomain.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@SimonM 

Based on the quick search I just did of the community / google - The only way to accomplish this is to setup an alias https://www.godaddy.com/help/create-an-office-365-email-alias-20053 

for each of the email addresses you want as valid emails - so if your account is hello@ ..... hi@ would be an alias.... if someone sent to hey@ it would bounce unless you add an alias for that as well.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV

@SimonM 

What you are referring to is a catch-all email account. Depending on which platform (cPanel server, Professional Email, Office 365) the answer is going vary if you can do a catch-all or if you might have to set up aliases for your mailbox to accomplish it.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

I pressed the reply button and it accepted it as the solution! To follow up it is Office 365. Thanks superuser

@SimonM 

Based on the quick search I just did of the community / google - The only way to accomplish this is to setup an alias https://www.godaddy.com/help/create-an-office-365-email-alias-20053 

for each of the email addresses you want as valid emails - so if your account is hello@ ..... hi@ would be an alias.... if someone sent to hey@ it would bounce unless you add an alias for that as well.

View solution in original post