cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

decrease the number of relay

I want to decrease the number of allowed relay from 250 down to 60, is this possible?

The UI has a dropdown with only 250 on it.

Thanks,

Ignacio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@ignaciomachin 

That is hard coded in the GoDaddy Workspace Email system - I'm curious why you'd want to decrease this - are you having issues with a user spamming people - right now this is set up that the email account can SEND 250 emails per day and you are asking to reduce that to 60.

I can't say that I've ever seen someone want to reduce the number of emails they could send. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User IV

@ignaciomachin 

That is hard coded in the GoDaddy Workspace Email system - I'm curious why you'd want to decrease this - are you having issues with a user spamming people - right now this is set up that the email account can SEND 250 emails per day and you are asking to reduce that to 60.

I can't say that I've ever seen someone want to reduce the number of emails they could send. 

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

View solution in original post

Hi,

I have two users that are over the quote, they say that they are not sending nothing but it seems that their accounts are compromised in some way

I already changed their password and set an strong password but nothing prevent them from changing it later on.

I figured that if I decrease the amount to 40/50 (again, no body in my company send that many emais) I can contain any possible spamming activity 

Most of our user send less than 10 emails a day. The one that sent 15 is the marketing guy that is by far the most prolific emailer we have.

ignaciomachin_0-1590772822189.png

Which brings me to another question, other than changing the password of the offending email, is there anything else I need to do to prevent the use of the account to send spam?

@ignaciomachin 

That makes sense. In addition to changing the password I would make sure to scan their computers for any virus or malware as if there is something on the computer side of things, reseting the password won't solve the issue as the people will still have the password as soon as you enter the new one into the computer. 

Even if I call tech  support, there is no way to decrease it?

@ignaciomachin 

They "might" be able to - but I wouldn't be too sure that they can.