cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

can send email but not receiving email

Hello all

I am trying to sort out a problem well two problems for a friend that has less than my no knowledge on this subject, one email will send email but not receive so I created a test email test@adamsarc.org.uk that i can delete after testing but this email is being blocked, outlook is saying the email isn't listed in the domain's directory, gmail came back with 550 5.4.1 recipient address rejected: access denied AS(201806281) do I have to add a MX record for each email separately?

Email routing by default was set to2020-06-01 21_51_34-Window.png

the MX record is HOST @    TTL 1 hour     PRIORITY 0

adamsarc-org-uk.mail.protection.outlook.com

Any help is much appreciated, please in simple step by step I know nothing about these settings☹️ thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@GeneH 

The host is @ and the points to is mail.adamsarc.org.uk

For the email routing you want to set to local as the email is hosted on the cPanel server

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Super User IV

@GeneH 

You need to setup the accounts in Office 365, you cannot have mail hosted in 2 different locations at the same time.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Thanks for your reply

I have 2 email accounts on the server ( name hidden) xxxxxx@adamsarc.org.uk and test@adamsarc,org.uk

when i try to send email to xxxxxx@adamsarc.org.uk from my gmail account and my outlook accoumt ( different email addresses from each ilikxxxxx@gmail.com and wooxxxxx@hotmail.com)they don't arrive in the inbox.

when I do the same with test@adamsarc,org.uk this address gets the error and bounce back,as shown in the first post, from both gmail and outlook again the emails i put in brackets.

I hope this is clearer

cheers, 

@GeneH 

Yes it is clear, however as I stated your email is NOT setup to be hosted on the cPanel server but rather on Office 365.

You cannot have some accounts on Office 365 and others on the cPanel server, they must all reside in the same place. If you are not using Office 365 you would need to update your MX records to point to the server. If you are using Office 365 you would need to set up these mailboxes within Office 365 which may require purchasing additional "seats" (accounts)

thanks again for your reply

I just want them on the server there will not be a lot traffic in them, just want them to work.

I have completely no idea where to start with MX records, with the info in the first post could you please help me out would be most appreciated

@GeneH 

It would appear that you have already in your dns mail.adamsarc.org.uk

(https://dcc.godaddy.com/manage/adamsarc.org.uk/dns) so you would just need to change the MX record from the outlook record to mail.adamsarc.org.uk

Then mail will go to the cPanel server and not Office 365. Keep in mind you can still use the office suite but email is not going to come into outlook anymore. Also what ever email account you have setup in Office 365 you want to make sure you set it up on the cPanel server or any mail sent to that account will bounce.

so under POINTS TO is this the correct entry: adamsarc-org-uk.mail or mail.adamsarc.org.uk   or could you please put how the entry should be entered thanks.

And I presume all the other settings are correct ? and email routing?

Thanks again for all your hepl

@GeneH 

The host is @ and the points to is mail.adamsarc.org.uk

For the email routing you want to set to local as the email is hosted on the cPanel server

View solution in original post

PL281

Thank you so much for your help with this problem.