cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

cPanel email never works properly and forwarding fails

I can send emails but cannot receive - I sent myself a test from gmail and that gmail account gets a bounce back error, saying it wasn't delivered - server is misconfigured). However, I cannot forward emails either - everything is set up basically, no MX or DNS changes at all, so it should all be using default Godaddy settings. I've done these things in cPanel about 500 times with other hosts, but godaddy ALWAYS has issues with cPanel email. Any ideas (besides trying to sell me Office365 emails)?

This is the bounce I get when I send FROM gmail TO my godaddy account - and yes, I changed my actual domain to "mydomain".ca so please don't chime in that the email looks incorrect.

Message not delivered

Your message couldn't be delivered to contact@"mydomain".ca because  
the remote server is misconfigured. See technical details below for  
more information.

The response from the remote server was:

550 Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client.  
mail-wr1-f41.google.com [209.85.221.41]:46639 is not permitted to  
relay through this server without authentication.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: cPanel email never works properly and forwarding fails

When I click HELP now I get this...

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "godaddy.com/contact-us" on this server.

Reference #18.842bf648.1560908006.32dfe3ec

???

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@Frustrata 

The default MX / DNS records that GoDaddy sets up are for the GoDaddy WorkSpace Email, if you are looking to use your cPanel as your mail server you would need to setup the dns as

MX Record Server - mail.domain.com

A record - mail IP of server

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Solution

Hi @Frustrata,

If you're having problems reaching the contact information page of our website, you may be having a local connection issue. If you're still unable to reach this page, please try: another browser (or clear the cache); a private browsing window; or try to access from another network to determine if it's your ISP.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
Super User III
Super User III

@Frustrata  - 

Sorry for not replying sooner - I actually just started having that same issue with the Access Denied  - I found out it is my IP v6 address from comcast being blocked by a 3rd party provider GoDaddy uses. I figured I would give it until tomorrow to see if it clears on it own - otherwise I may have to disable IPv6 for when I visit GoDaddy

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community