cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer domain and email from Google to GoDaddy

Hi, I am ready to transfer our domain and email from Google to GoDaddy. We do not have a website yet, only domain. And I am worried that it might mess up our emails and not be able to use them when they are essential in our day to day business. Is there any step-by-step tutorial on how to do this (transfer domain and email)? And what should I expect (i.e. email downtime, etc)? Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Transfer domain and email from Google to GoDaddy

@PhillyPH wrote:

Hi, I am ready to transfer our domain and email from Google to GoDaddy. We do not have a website yet, only domain. And I am worried that it might mess up our emails and not be able to use them when they are essential in our day to day business. Is there any step-by-step tutorial on how to do this (transfer domain and email)? And what should I expect (i.e. email downtime, etc)? Thanks in advance!

@PhillyPH As long as you have hosting setup at Google or somewhere else it should be fine. Do not update the nameservers which will change how email is sent and received. Nameservers are not automatically updated during transfers so my guess is you'll be fine. Here's more info: https://www.godaddy.com/help/transfer-my-domain-to-godaddy-1592

---