cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Removed free Office 365 to use cPanel basic email and now problems

I set up my GoDaddy domain/hosting and it came with the free 365 email.

I deleted my thing for this as I just want to use the cpanel basic email and forward them to another email account.

I can send emails through the cpanel email, but if I send an email to any address @Mydomain.com then I get an office 365 error reply:

Error Details

Reported error: 550 5.1.10 RESOLVER.ADR.RecipientNotFound; Recipient contact@mydomain.com not found by SMTP address lookup
DSN generated by: OL1P279MB0068.NORP279.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM

I just want to set up a forwarder that catches all email sent to my domain, I have done this on other hosting before but I can't get it to work here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I deleted all but the minimum DNS records, and deleted and re set up the emails and now it all works.

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Super User IV

@LRoyle 

I would setup an A record in your DNS for mail which points to the IP of your cpanel server.

Then you need to update the MX record to point to mail.yourdomain.com and you should be good to go.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

I have done that, and removed all the records in my DNS for everything to do with microsoft 365 as per the GoDaddy helppage too: https://uk.godaddy.com/help/configuring-dns-for-your-cpanel-domain-8852

And I am still getting office 356 responses when I try and email an address on my domain.

Perhaps it takes a while to update?

@LRoyle 

Can you post your domain so I can see what is resolving in the DNS

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

vosskombucha.com

@LRoyle 

Everything looks good https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=mx%3avosskombucha.com&run=toolpage 

I would just give it a little bit longer to update, but it looks fine

So now it receives email to my set up account that I can check on the cpanel emails.

I have set it to forward to another account but this does not work, even though when I trace it, it seems to show it should work.

I also set under the default address that all unrouted email should be forwarded too, but that also doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks for your help so far, any ideas on this?

@LRoyle 

Can post a screen capture of your email settings and how you are trying to do the forward

I deleted all but the minimum DNS records, and deleted and re set up the emails and now it all works.

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post