cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing emails not being received

All of our client's outgoing emails have not been getting received all of a sudden. We recently configured an SSL Certificate for their domain, but should that affect email routing?

We've setup Gmail as their email client (just the free basic account) and via the "Send mail as" option, we're using the Configure Email Client > Manual Settings from our client's cPanel email:

Secure SSL/TLS Settings
(Recommended)
Username:username@domain.com
Password:Use the email account’s password.
Incoming Server:sg2plcpnl0229.prod.sin2.secureserver.net
  • IMAP Port: 993
  • POP3 Port: 995
Outgoing Server:sg2plcpnl0229.prod.sin2.secureserver.net
  • SMTP Port: 465

It was working fine for months, but now our client has reached out that it seems that their emails have not been getting received. No bounceback notifications as well. We haven't contacted GoDaddy Support yet and wanted to try our luck here first.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Employee

The first thing I would do if I was on a hosting support call with you is look at the mail logs of our relay servers and see if there's a problem.

Have you ruled out the connection with GMail? Try sending a message to an address not on cPanel from the access webmail option across from one of the mail accounts. If you've never been in there just pick Roundcube.

We tried using Roundcube today and we were able to successfully send outgoing emails. Emails were getting received without a problem, no bounceback notifications, no anything.

However, whenever we switch back to Gmail as the email client, the outgoing emails are back to not getting received again. The confusing part is that we are able to receive incoming emails using the same settings:

Secure SSL/TLS Settings
(Recommended)
Username:username@domain.com
Password:Use the email account’s password.
Incoming Server:sg2plcpnl0229.prod.sin2.secureserver.net
  • IMAP Port: 993
  • POP3 Port: 995
Outgoing Server:sg2plcpnl0229.prod.sin2.secureserver.net
  • SMTP Port: 465

We have tried contacting GoDaddy Support over the phone, but they weren't able to give us any credible solution and instead just kept offering email plans.

We know this setup works because it has been working fine for months until our client reached out just recently about this issue. This has become really frustrating on both ends.

This feature has worked but has stopped and even been intermittent. I need this feature as new student enroll in the training via this contact page. I switched to the Beaver Builder and rebuilt my site. I used the builder page to place a new email address in the button menu box in Beaver Builder and it still does not work. 

I have the same issue and I am offended that godaddy has marked this issue as solved.

Here is the problem and the solution:

I have two domains with godaddy.  I found some of my emails were ending up in spam folders, and some emails were not being delivered.  I spoke with godaddy support a few times and the told me this is "the other companies problem" according to their logs emails was delivered and I should be referring to the other companies admins.

So... I tested this.

I opened two new email accounts, one @hotmail.com and one @outlook.com

Hmm guess what, one email's domain was going to the "junk folder" the other was not showing up at all.  So I contacted godaddy again and there response is "we do not support other servers", they told me I could and an exclusion in hotmail/outlook to allow email to go thru.

Unfortunately this is NOT a solution.  I can not give a piece of paper to every customer I have to tell them how to "add" me to there email.

To date: godaddy will not open another email account on any other server to test this, godaddy says their servers are not being blacklisted, godaddy support team says as long as email leaves their servers and goes to other servers it is not their problem.

HERE is the solution:

Godaddy must monitor it's blacklist, must add exceptions (whitelist) to ATLEAST the most popular servers, they must stop spamers from using godaddy servers, and close any open relays.  I told the godaddy support staff how to test this (they refuse as it is against company policy)

As a former Exchange Admin, I explained this to godaddy support.  To date this problem still exists and I have asked Management to contact me.