cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Not receiving free hosting e-mails (100), 1 free O365 plan is working

I am able to use the 1 free office 365 e-mail account. However, when sending the emails to the Godaddy Free emails, the server is rejecting the error stating useremail wasn't found at <domain>.com.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Super User IV

@VM0 

brahmafarms-com.mail.protection.outlook.com

Is the only MX record you should have the others need to be removed

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Hi @VM0,

An external lookup of the domain shows there are two MX records in the DNS of brahmafarms.com. If you access your GoDaddy account and click to manage the email plan, you'l be on the dashboard. Once there, choose "Set mail destination" to see all of the zone file records that are required in your DNS to send and receive email. You can only have one MX record for the plan to function successfully. If you need help in updating your zone files, please check with your DNS provider.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

8 REPLIES 8
Super User IV

@VM0 

Your email can only be hosted in one place - you may have to configure the DNS to point your mail to Office 365 to receive mail

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Could you please let me know, how can I point the DNS to Office 365.

Super User IV

@VM0 

What is your domain and I can check what is currently setup and here is some instructions from Microsoft 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/dns/create-dns-records-at-godaddy?view=o365-wor...

brahmafarms.com

Super User IV

@VM0 

brahmafarms-com.mail.protection.outlook.com

Is the only MX record you should have the others need to be removed

I added those MX records last night, to test if that works. removed all the other MX records. testing now.

it is still not working, any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi @VM0,

An external lookup of the domain shows there are two MX records in the DNS of brahmafarms.com. If you access your GoDaddy account and click to manage the email plan, you'l be on the dashboard. Once there, choose "Set mail destination" to see all of the zone file records that are required in your DNS to send and receive email. You can only have one MX record for the plan to function successfully. If you need help in updating your zone files, please check with your DNS provider.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support