cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Not receiving email from Godaddy Hosting email provider Office 365

Hi ,

I have a WP site setup on Godaddy hosting, it have a CF7 contact form. I have also purchased Office 365 from Godaddy but when anyone submits the contact form I do not get email delivered to my Office 365 email accounts although it do sends email if I use some other account like gmail etc.

So main issue is not getting email delivered form my hosting site to Office 365 domain based email account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

@AyeshaBuzz 

When email doesn't work it is usually a setting issue.   I do not use GoDaddy hosting for WordPress, but the things that come to mind when emails don't deliver from WordPress are:

=> Is the email address you are using setup in Office 365?  I know, silly question, but I've seen folks forget to setup addresses when switching email services. 😉

=> Did you check your junk folder in 365 for those emails?  Do you have your SPF and DKIM records setup properly on your domain's DNS record?  Check out this previous thread on the topic.

=> Are the MX (mail exchange) servers correct on your domain's DNS record?

=> Are you able to send an email to the address in question and receive when sending to it directly (not through WordPress)?  If that's the case you may want to try using an SMTP plugin.

As far as Contact Form 7, I recommend you switch to Ninja Forms .  CF7 does not store form submissions for you to refer to on the server in your WordPress dashboard.  So if a form is completed and you don't get that email, you'll never know.

But with Ninja Forms, you can check your WordPress dashboard in the Ninja forms area and see "Submissions" so if you don't get the email, you still have that to refer to and to respond. 

HTH! 😉

Judith
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." ~ Me

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II

@AyeshaBuzz 

When email doesn't work it is usually a setting issue.   I do not use GoDaddy hosting for WordPress, but the things that come to mind when emails don't deliver from WordPress are:

=> Is the email address you are using setup in Office 365?  I know, silly question, but I've seen folks forget to setup addresses when switching email services. 😉

=> Did you check your junk folder in 365 for those emails?  Do you have your SPF and DKIM records setup properly on your domain's DNS record?  Check out this previous thread on the topic.

=> Are the MX (mail exchange) servers correct on your domain's DNS record?

=> Are you able to send an email to the address in question and receive when sending to it directly (not through WordPress)?  If that's the case you may want to try using an SMTP plugin.

As far as Contact Form 7, I recommend you switch to Ninja Forms .  CF7 does not store form submissions for you to refer to on the server in your WordPress dashboard.  So if a form is completed and you don't get that email, you'll never know.

But with Ninja Forms, you can check your WordPress dashboard in the Ninja forms area and see "Submissions" so if you don't get the email, you still have that to refer to and to respond. 

HTH! 😉

Judith
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." ~ Me

View solution in original post