cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Is an Email Server Down?

Anyone emails down? I have been told by Godaddy adviser it's due to my website being hosted by another provider, the adviser wasn't even listening just ignoring the fact my emails have been working for 2 months. I called again, told they need to speak to the technical adviser, I had to put the phone down after being on hold for 45 minutes. I called the third time, the adviser checked and said the server is down! I mean, god sake I run a business and this is stressing me out. Is it an issue with my host or your server? I just don't trust anyone. I have 4 staff members that need their email, tomorrow they could say something else. Any advice or assistance from anyone would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

@Imranjb 

I don't know your situation as to where you site or email is hosted.  Can you provide more details? 

If your website is hosted by another provider that's out of GoDaddy's control.   If your email is hosted by GoDaddy, then that is in their  wheelhouse to investigate and remedy and I'm not aware of any GoDaddy specific issues right now.  (I'm just a user like you...)

I don't know what email service you use, but there have been global issues with Office 365 that isn't specifically a GoDaddy issue.

Also, I always recommend not having your email and website on the same host/server.  This way you have a better chance that if your website is down you can still communicate via email.  😉

Judith
"Be a voice. Not an echo." ~ Anon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II

@Imranjb 

I don't know your situation as to where you site or email is hosted.  Can you provide more details? 

If your website is hosted by another provider that's out of GoDaddy's control.   If your email is hosted by GoDaddy, then that is in their  wheelhouse to investigate and remedy and I'm not aware of any GoDaddy specific issues right now.  (I'm just a user like you...)

I don't know what email service you use, but there have been global issues with Office 365 that isn't specifically a GoDaddy issue.

Also, I always recommend not having your email and website on the same host/server.  This way you have a better chance that if your website is down you can still communicate via email.  😉

Judith
"Be a voice. Not an echo." ~ Anon

View solution in original post