cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Godaddy Email Archiving verse Backup

If you pay for archiving of email is paying for the email backup just redundant and unnecessary?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Employee

Hello @Aspire1 and welcome to the Community!

Email Archiving and Email Backup are both significant for businesses and I would recommend keeping both.

• Email Archiving archives emails into read-only emails to conserve space for incoming emails, help lower mailbox quotas, and archiving helps with long-term email retention.
  • Email Backup creates restore points to restore to if there is any email data loss. 

If you are still uncertain whether it is right for you, I would reach out to GoDaddy Support for an account review.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7 via phone or chat!

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Employee

Hello @Aspire1 and welcome to the Community!

Email Archiving and Email Backup are both significant for businesses and I would recommend keeping both.

• Email Archiving archives emails into read-only emails to conserve space for incoming emails, help lower mailbox quotas, and archiving helps with long-term email retention.
  • Email Backup creates restore points to restore to if there is any email data loss. 

If you are still uncertain whether it is right for you, I would reach out to GoDaddy Support for an account review.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7 via phone or chat!

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post