cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Error - Address not Found - cannot receive emails from gmail/yahoo. Only domain email send/receive

Hi to everyone,

I recently connected Wix to my goDaddy domain (flboverseas.com). 

I am able to send and receive emails between @flboverseas.com accounts, when i tried to send an email from my @Gmail.com or others send email to my domain emails. This is happening for all my domain emails, they can only send to gmail/yahoo and @flboverseas.com but cannot receive. It shows the error below,

xx.PNG

I heard MX settings will fix it, but I tried several and I just got not luck. I can only send using my @flboverseas.com even to gmail it works, but receiving from gmail shows that error.

This is my settings on Wix.com

xx2.PNG

and this is on cPanel,

xx3.PNG

xx4.PNG

and this is whats on my configure email settings in cpanel,

xx5.PNG

Please help me on how to get my settings work, I really want to learn what went wrong. I tried my luck with youtube and it seems to keep pointing in MX, i tried multiple times and no luck 😞 

idk if this info is needed but to acdess webmail cpanel

webmail.flboverseas.com

Thanks!

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Super User IV

@carandnf1 

I remove all the MX records except for 

flboverseas.com. 3599 IN MX 40 flboverseas.com.

and change the priority to 10

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

@carandnf1 

This is only in Wix - as that is where your DNS is hosted - you can ignore the DNS in cPanel as you are not using it

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

@carandnf1 

Ok - I missed that your site is still hosted on Wix  

What you need to do in WIX add an A record for mail which points to the GoDaddy IP address and then adjust the MX record to be mail.flboverseas.com

@carandnf1 

Ok so your MX record is good now - but you also need the A record for mail which points to the GoDaddy Server where your mail is 

The MX record is what directs the mail.

The A record tells the internet where mail.flboverseas.com actually is

9 REPLIES 9
Super User IV

@carandnf1 

I remove all the MX records except for 

and change the priority to 10

Hi @PL281 PL281, I really appreciate your response,

you mean this should be in cPanel? or in Wix? or both?

Apologies for asking too much, i am just starting to build and understand this field. If this is in cPanel, i couldn't change the TTL (it cannot change value when hitting add/edit)

I have connected Wix to Cpanel and this issue starts. 

@carandnf1 

This is only in Wix - as that is where your DNS is hosted - you can ignore the DNS in cPanel as you are not using it

@PL281 I really appreciate your response, it worked! The error message is gone. After my long experimenting around, you area genius.

But the next problem I noticed is that,

@flboverseas.com to @flboverseas.com - WORKING

@gmail.com to @flboverseas.com - NOT WORKING

@flboverseas.com to @gmail.com - WORKING

we are unable to receive mails from emails not belonging to to @flboverseas.com 

I have tried to change EMAIL ROUTING in cPanel,

Local Mail Exchange and Automatic Recommend. Still the same,

Please help, any adjustments can be done?

@carandnf1 

Ok - I missed that your site is still hosted on Wix  

What you need to do in WIX add an A record for mail which points to the GoDaddy IP address and then adjust the MX record to be mail.flboverseas.com

Yes I am able to send and receive now! I appreciate the effort, 

Sorry to bother you more, I hope you can still help me with this.

czw.PNG

vvvv.PNG

It worked for a while and now this happens, and it says sent, but I dont receive it. The error i got is delay from gmail like on the screenshot.

Is this still related to configuration? My domain is not busy at all im surprised. 

Seeking your heroic advise,

Thanks

@carandnf1 

While looking at your MX records you have both mail.flboverseas.com (10) and flboverseas.com(20)

You need to remove the 20 one - While it shouldn't make a difference as it has higher number (lower priority) it could have been used.

Now i dont receive any gmail at all, no error when sent to domain email but i receive emails in gmail delay and its not delayed, i do not receive it at all. I have set 1 mx only in Wix which is ;mail.flboverseas.com; priority 10

A host, TTL all is 12 hours

same scenario,

only works domain to domain, works fast!

gmail to domain, doesn't work (shows delay error, and it never receives it on domain email)

domain to gmail, gmail receives it (with little 3 min delay but its fine)

Email Routing in cPanel is set to Local Mail Exchange.

Is there anything left to do?

"
Delivery incomplete
There was a temporary problem delivering your message to it@flboverseas.com. Gmail will retry for 46 more hours. You'll be notified if the delivery fails permanently. "
The response was:
DNS Error: 16046036 DNS type 'mx' lookup of flboverseas.com responded with code NOERROR 16046036 DNS type 'aaaa' lookup of mail.flboverseas.com. responded with code NXDOMAIN 16046036 DNS type 'a' lookup of mail.flboverseas.com. responded with code NXDOMAIN

@carandnf1 

Ok so your MX record is good now - but you also need the A record for mail which points to the GoDaddy Server where your mail is 

The MX record is what directs the mail.

The A record tells the internet where mail.flboverseas.com actually is