cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Entire inbox gone (workspace email)

On Friday, all the emails in my inbox suddenly disappeared, except the last few. They're not in the trash, not in any of my folders (which are ok, by the way). They are simply GONE. 

Over the weekend, I got in touch 5 times with GoDaddy's help center (via their live chat) and was repeatedly assured that they were working on it and that everything would go back to normal within 90 minutes. But it did not happen... Yesterday, their staff even told me that I wasn't the only one, that it was a larger problem they had experienced and that they had actually opened an investigation (under ticket #INC3158209). But until now, nothing. 

I keep repeating myself over the chat and keep reading the same answers... No result, and no history of our exchanges...

It is my professional mailbox. I do need these emails. It is absolutely crucial. Has anyone experienced the same thing? Can anyone think of a solution or at least has a suggestion?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anton7473 

After many years of trying other services, I went with the basic Gsuite email for around $6 a month. I never have issues.

Office 365 is a decent choice, as well. I just don't like Microsoft products. They also start out around $5-6 a month.

GoDaddy also has a newer, more up to date version of Workspace called Professional Email. I've got a couple of boxes on that and it's pretty good, too. Roughly the same price points.

If your business/professional life revolves around a stable email solution, I always say pay a bit more for that. It's a worthwhile investment.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II

@Anton7473 

I have experienced this before, albeit at a different provider.

Based on my previous experience working for GD, this does sound like it may be a bigger issue affecting multiple accounts and that can take some time to figure out and correct. There's no magic wand to wave around just because it's technology.

I'll also be honest. While Workspace is a workhorse email client, the underlying technologies powering it is over a decade old at this point. I wouldn't consider it a modern email choice.

If email is vitally important to your business, I'd suggest doling out some dollars (if you can, of course) and upgrading to something newer.

* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Thanks @MrVapor. That's what I thought. GD doesn't even offer that service anymore... And to be honest, I don't think I'll ever recover those emails. 

So I'll look for a more reliable service. In case you have suggestions, I'm listening. ,-)

Thanks again.  

@Anton7473 

After many years of trying other services, I went with the basic Gsuite email for around $6 a month. I never have issues.

Office 365 is a decent choice, as well. I just don't like Microsoft products. They also start out around $5-6 a month.

GoDaddy also has a newer, more up to date version of Workspace called Professional Email. I've got a couple of boxes on that and it's pretty good, too. Roughly the same price points.

If your business/professional life revolves around a stable email solution, I always say pay a bit more for that. It's a worthwhile investment.

View solution in original post

Thanks a lot! Very useful. I'll check them out. 

I am paying roughly 12 bucks a month for what I have at the moment, so what you're presenting sounds like a bargain!

Thanks again. Cheers