cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Emails not getting to Apple mail app

Hi,

The emails are showing up on webmail if I log into it, however, they do not show-up on the mail clients on my iPhone, iPad.  They sometimes show up on the Mac and sometimes do not.  I have not made any changes (upgraded the IOS about a week ago but no immediate impact from that).  This started on Saturday night.  Called GD support and the best suggestion was that I need to upgrade to Office 360.  Did anybody else have similar issue or experience? Thanks, BC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

@BCBoCo 

If you're using cPanel email or Workspace email and having issues, the the GD support rep gave you the correct advice.

cPanel email is unsecure, easily compromised, and notoriously spotty. Also, you don't want to maintain your emails on your hosting server. What if it goes down for some reason? You lose all your email.

If using Workspace, it's just an older email platform that doesn't hold up to current standards, which is why GD is encouraging people to move away from it. Eventually, they will take down those servers.

I would suggest using Office 365 or Gsuite if you want a better experience and easier time.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II

@BCBoCo 

If you're using cPanel email or Workspace email and having issues, the the GD support rep gave you the correct advice.

cPanel email is unsecure, easily compromised, and notoriously spotty. Also, you don't want to maintain your emails on your hosting server. What if it goes down for some reason? You lose all your email.

If using Workspace, it's just an older email platform that doesn't hold up to current standards, which is why GD is encouraging people to move away from it. Eventually, they will take down those servers.

I would suggest using Office 365 or Gsuite if you want a better experience and easier time.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post