cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Email forwarders don't work with Deluxe Linux Hosting with cPanel

I've just upgraded to "Deluxe Linux Hosting with cPanel" hosting account. In it I have one primary domain and a couple of secondary (addon) domains mapped to subfolders. 

I'm using cPanel to create email forwarders. The forwarders I create for email addresses of the secondary domains - work fine. However, the forwarders I create for email addresses of my primary domain - refuse to work. For example: 

• addr1@myPrimaryDomain.com is a "normal" email addresses I created, which works great. 
  • addr2@myPrimaryDomain.com is a forwarder to addr1@myPrimaryDomain.com (or any external email address). 

Any attempt to send something to addr2@myPrimaryDomain.com -- bounces back with: "550 5.1.1 <addr2@myPrimaryDomain.com> Recipient not found".

4 REPLIES 4
Solution

Re: Email forwarders don't work

Well, apparently it was some DNS MX record(s) that remained there from the pre-upgrade package... Once deleted those MX records, and redefined email boxes and forwarders, things worked.

I have a similar problem.

How will I enable Email Forwarding?

I have a free email account setup (helpdesk@domain.com). But when I send message to helpdesk@domain.com the destination emails are not receiving any?

What setup did I missed? 

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to resolve this issue? The forward is set-up in the GoDaddy interface, and the MX records on my domain are correct and yet whenever I try to e-mail the forwarding address it still bounces with a not found error, so it sounds like something isn't getting configured correctly on the GoDaddy servers.

p3plibsmtp01-11.prod.phx3.secureserver.net

Remote Server returned '550 5.1.1  Recipient not found. <http://x.co/irbounce>'

Did you ever resolve this?