cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email for domain GoDaddy 365 not working PTSD flairing

Ok so now I am frustrated, it's not helping my PTSD. So my business domain emails GoDaddy 365 do not work in Outlook. I am using Microsoft 2019 I do not want to buy Office 365. So 1 of my businesses syncs from 365 to Outlook no problem the other 2 will not. The only way I can get my emails is to go to the 365 email, which it seems to be online and you cannot export, save it, put it in a new folder to move it, cannot do ANYTHING and trust me I have done it all. So here's a question, do I actually need 365 to use my domain name as an email. I have outlook so why cannot I just use the domain email without 365? It would make so life so much simpler. I paid for the year and if I cannot use my email what is the point of paying for it. Please do not tell me to watch any videos, or to download anything I have already read about .pst, or .ost been there done that. Please just resolve the issue I am in the process of making deals and this is killing me because I cannot find emails from the bank, vendors, investors, buyers or anything I cannot be searching all over it's a headache. 

4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV

@ArmyVeteran 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues... I guess I'm a little confused by your issue. I'm going to answer your question and ask some of my own.

1) You do not need to use Office 365 for email hosting - you could use cPanel, Google Suite or a number of other services just for email hosting.

2) You mention that 1 business syncs to outlook but the other 2 won't - generally speaking if you are saying you have 3 mailboxes with Office 365 and you want them all in your local outlook. Assuming this is the case then you could either create multiple profiles or there maybe a restriction in outlook that needs to be adjusted.

If you can post any error messages / screen captures of what errors you are seeing / what is /isn't working I can better point you in the right direction

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thank you for your reply. So I have the domain names, to get emails for them I had to get GoDaddy 365 email. That's all I have is the 365 email. They were synced to Outlook and I was having no problems. I noticed the other day that 2 were missing emails, it kept saying Nothing Found (something like that) I uninstalled them and then added them back and nothing. So I went into my GoDaddy Admin Account and I can pull them up and there are the emails that were one showing on my outlook. 

I have Microsoft Business & Home 2019. I read all of the instructions for repairing, syncing, adding, etc. and nothing has worked. 

GoDaddy Admin when you pull up the 365 email, is very generic because you cannot do a lot of things to try and send them to the account so I am at a lost. 

I really hate that I have to switch back and forth. It seems as if the 365 email is for use in a web browser.

I do not at the time have websites for each I am getting there but 1 biz I don't need one and I have put that one on hold for a few minutes. The other one I am getting inventory together. The last one I am in the process of finalizing details. 

However, I do need them on my business cards and it looks professional instead of using a gmail.com account.

So, if you can help I would appreciate that. Also, it keeps coming up .pst when I try to import and I think if I read it right 365 is .ost or vice versa. I cannot find the hidden account of saved emails in .ost so there is no way to get them. I even tried putting the path that it shows in .pst and that does not work. I cannot even get the .ost emails.

Again, I appreciate your response, your help and hopefully you can guide me. It's sad that at 55 I get so easily frustrated, yet at the same time I am so care free and happy, lol go figure.

Seriously, I appreciate any help you can give.

I have a couple of calls to take and I should be done by 2 or 2:30 after that I already have it on my to do list to contact GoDaddy.

@ArmyVeteran 

Thank you for the additional information..... let me see if I can explain and help further....

So at the root - Office 365 is what used to be call Hosted Exchange - This is Microsoft Email service. 

A few years ago they incorporated the entire Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) into Office 365 - and they have 2 offerings (with and without email) 

When you go into your email via the web browser (a.k.a. Outlook Online) this is the only "webmail" online viewing. You should be able to add this account to Outlook on your computer without issue - it just gets added as an exchange account. I've never heard of the 2 not staying in sync.

So if I understand what you are having an issue with is if you go into the webmail (Outlook Online) you have messages in your inbox, but if you open outlook they aren't there.

One question I have at this point is in the lower right corner of outlook does it say "All Folders up to date"

That would be the first thing to look at. 

In regard to the OST / PST - this is more so if you needed to get a backup of your mail for viewing without an internet connection later on. To explain this is that when using Office 365 / Exchange - outlook creates a local "copy" of the server information that it syncs - this is an OST

When you have "POP/IMAP" accounts - which is what most Internet Providers give you, they reside in a PST  and you can have multiple email accounts within a PST

OST = 1 to 1 .... PST = 1 to many ----- I've never quite understood how / why Microsoft configured this but it is. 

If things still aren't syncing up, I suggest you may want to find a local IT person that can sit with your computer in person. This is something that could be as simple as a checkbox or as complex as having to rebuild a "profile" in outlook. Without being in front of the computer and seeing the actual messages displayed it is hard to say.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

ok, last one smh. Well while I was sending you everything I could find on the settings and/or about the account. I went to NEW FOLDER and did search criteria and they all showed up.

I had to go to search i did this year and they showed up. I have plenty of space so I do not know.

I did notice on GoDaddy it was saying READ ONLY. 

I might have to uninstall Microsoft Outlook and see if it connects to Microsoft Exchange.

Security= (box checked) Encryption data between Microsoft Outlook Mailbox & Microsoft Exchange

Under security it did say: Outlook is running in Unicode mode against Microsoft Exchange.

the first email that works under:  Name Type

Microsoft Exchange ( sent from this account by default)

the other 2 just say Microsoft Exchange

ALL: Selected account delivers new message to the following location in data file (all are the same) .com.ost

Exchange Account Settings: Offline Setting, Use Cached Exchange Mode to download Email to an Outlook data file.

Microsoft Exchange Advanced= use cached Exchange Mode

Office 365 Features (box unchecked) Turn on shared calendar improvement.

I do thank you for your help @PL281. Thank you and I am calm. I will definitely check out your site, I might actually need your services. I believe in returning kindness and helping others.