cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Email Not Accessible Through Windows or Mac OS Clients

I have been trying to figure out what to do. I have several email accounts for my neighborhood association non-profit. My officers and committee chairs get email addresses @OPENA.org. Most of them have given up using these email address accounts because none of us can figure out why when configured exactly as your instructions state, we can neither send or nor receive emails. 

For instance, I am using mail on a Mac with OS Catalina. I set up the pop account according to settings. I can log in, but I can not get email to send or to receive. It just sits in my outbox. My connection doctor mentions logged in but not authenticated, which I do not understand.

This problem has gotten so bad that my officers are no longer using their email and we have established a generic gmail account to cover out challenges.

Please help me understand - check my MX records etc. My domain is OPENA.ORG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@OPENA 

I was just looking at your website / MX records 

1) It looks like you are using the Legacy Linux Hosting is this correct?

2) The MX records seem to be pointing to WorkSpace email - is this where you email is hosted?

Assuming that number 1 is correct - My recommendation is to upgrade to a cPanel server as the Legacy Linux hosting is being phased out. Then you can setup the email accounts on the cPanel server.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@OPENA 

I was just looking at your website / MX records 

1) It looks like you are using the Legacy Linux Hosting is this correct?

2) The MX records seem to be pointing to WorkSpace email - is this where you email is hosted?

Assuming that number 1 is correct - My recommendation is to upgrade to a cPanel server as the Legacy Linux hosting is being phased out. Then you can setup the email accounts on the cPanel server.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post