cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Change of email password and Mac not working

Hi there, 

Just had to change my email password so went into GoDaddy and put the new password in.

Went back to my Mac, inputted the new password in the accounts section and then was prompted in the main mail screen to input my password.  Inputted the password and it's telling me the password is incorrect.

Reset the Mac, tried again, it still will not accept my password.

Any help would be much appreciated!  It's my only business email.....

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Change of email password and Mac not working

Hi @NeilD1. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! 

It's hard to say for sure what's happening in your situation. My guess would be that maybe there is another setting that isn't quite right within your email client. If you can share screenshots of all the connection settings within your email client, that may help the community provide you with suggestions. Alternatively, you can reach out to our support team so they can check the account and go over your client settings with you. 

In the meantime, you may want to try to access the web version of your email address so you don't miss any important messages. Generally speaking, you can usually get to that by visiting email.yourdomain.com. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Re: Change of email password and Mac not working

Hi,

I have the same problem. I just reset my password and now neither my iphone nor my mac mails are working. I can receive mails but can't send them. What should I do?