cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Cant add my domain to Office 365 email

I have just bought a Go Daddy domain and microsoft email package. It is now saying i cant add the domain i just bought because i have already set it up in microsoft...i clearly havent. I have checked all my mircosoft email accounts and I have nothing. GoDaddy is saying to check in admin - given i dont have a business account, i dont have an admin section so have no way to fix this

Getting really frustrated as i've paid for a domain I can't add. Godaddy helpline hasnt picked up for 3 hours now..please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Employee

Hello @Helpee and welcome to the Community!

I am sorry you are going through this frustrating experience. Based off of what you wrote, the best solution would be to again update your domain connected with Office 365. Here are the steps to complete that:

1. Sign in to your Email & Office Dashboard (use your GoDaddy username and password).
  2. Select Manage next to the email address you want to update.
  3. In Account information, select Edit.
  4. Next to Username, select Change domain. A drop-down list will show the available domains in your account that meet the requirements for use on Office 365.
  5. Choose your new domain and select Ok, Got it. This acknowledges that your new and old domains will be linked.
  6. Select Save. You might be asked to update your password and create a new one. Enter and confirm your new password, then select Save & Continue. It can take up to 24 hours for your domain change to update.

These steps should help guide you on how to update your domain connected with Office 365.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7 via phone or chat, if you need further assistance.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Employee

Hello @Helpee and welcome to the Community!

I am sorry you are going through this frustrating experience. Based off of what you wrote, the best solution would be to again update your domain connected with Office 365. Here are the steps to complete that:

1. Sign in to your Email & Office Dashboard (use your GoDaddy username and password).
  2. Select Manage next to the email address you want to update.
  3. In Account information, select Edit.
  4. Next to Username, select Change domain. A drop-down list will show the available domains in your account that meet the requirements for use on Office 365.
  5. Choose your new domain and select Ok, Got it. This acknowledges that your new and old domains will be linked.
  6. Select Save. You might be asked to update your password and create a new one. Enter and confirm your new password, then select Save & Continue. It can take up to 24 hours for your domain change to update.

These steps should help guide you on how to update your domain connected with Office 365.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7 via phone or chat, if you need further assistance.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post