cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Can send but not receive email

Hi,

I'm having issues receiving email. When I send a message to myself from another account, I get the following error message:

This is the mail system at host gproxy9.mail.unifiedlayer.
I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.
For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.
If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message."

The domain and CPanel were hosted outside godaddy..after I returned to be hosted by godaddy I can’t receive any email…just sending

6 REPLIES 6
Employee
Employee

Re: Can send but not receive email

HI @tmahfouz

Thank you for your post. After reading the error and the brief description of the scenario it seems to me that the issue may be due to the DNS settings on your domain. 

For cPanel email to work properly you will need  to have the following inserted into the DNS.

A Record 

Name = mail

Points to = [I.P. Address of your cpanel]

MX record

Name = @

Point to = mail.[your-domain-name.tld]

To make these changes to your GoDaddy hosted DNS zone file, it will require that the Nameservers on your domain are pointed to GoDaddy. 

Hope this helps!

-Techfly

I unfortunately linked my email from my domain www.pattayapropertyprofessionals.com to a Gmail account. What a mistake when I tried to delete that!

Anyway, I cannot log into that Gmail account and just want to use Godaddy webmail for that domain. I can send from that domain (and receive at another email address) but if I send to my domain (email address: info@pattayapropertyprofessionals.com) It is rejected saying it doesn't exist.

Regards,

Terry

Employee
Employee

Hi @endlessimage

Thank you for your post. From what I can see there is no MX records resolving on the domain. This would be why you are unable to receive mail.

To resolve the issue please contact our support line to find which set of MX records will be appropriate for your email setup with GoDaddy. 

Best Wishes!

-TechFly

New

Hi Techfly, i have the same problem and updated my dns as you say, does this look correct?

Screenshot (9).png

New

Hi

I'm facing the same issue, and I have these entries already in DNS, but still I can send emails but do not receive them.
When I send an email to any of my created email accounts I get an error message 

"Recipient address rejected: Access denied "

Solution

1 - go to Configure Mail Client => Manual Settings => in Incoming Server  .. copy server 

Secure SSL/TLS Settings not end in your domain
 2 - go to MX 
select your domain Add New Record

paste it in Destination

click on add new record 🙂 

test it 

3- commanded me 😄