cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

365 email hijacked

4 days after being forced to migrate to the "better" office 365  platform someone stole my email address and spamed out. Microsoft had locked out my account. after spending the morning on with tech support they transfer me to Advanced Technical Support who basically gave me a list of things to do to fix my own problem then email them proof my account is secure then they will contact Microsoft and have them unlock my account and ended the conversation with 

"you should have ordered the extra email security package" 

really? 

anyone experience problems like this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

@gdegen111 

I've generally only had this happen when I used the same password across multiple platforms and the information was compromised somewhere else, where the email was used to sign up. You can actually check on this site if you have compromises attached to a specific email address: https://haveibeenpwned.com/ [This is a safe, 3rd party link.]

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II

@gdegen111 

I've generally only had this happen when I used the same password across multiple platforms and the information was compromised somewhere else, where the email was used to sign up. You can actually check on this site if you have compromises attached to a specific email address: https://haveibeenpwned.com/ [This is a safe, 3rd party link.]

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post