cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

www.hellotech.com 100 % scam

i was searching for a issues my computer is not booting and i found https://www.hellotech.com/  then I chat with his technical staff. they ask my personal information and said the technical team will come to our house. After some time they said you need to pay 400$ to fix his issue and given a link. I clicked on the link where they asked my credit card details and personal information.

one of my friends is a web developer and he searches and said this website working with GoDaddy this why i am posting my issues here otherwise I will take action. 

i suggest you to deactivate his service because hellotech.com 100% scam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@lindssey455 

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your computer. I am an end user. I just looked up hellotech.com and other than the fact that the domain is registered with GoDaddy, there is nothing else this has to do with GoDaddy.

I'm not sure where you are located, but I did find a BBB listing for them for their California location - https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/los-angeles/profile/network-computer/hellotech-1216-412976/complaints

At least this particular location does seem to reply - I'm not sure where the $400 came from other than if they were looking to do a new hard drive and needed to restore your data.

I was checking out their site and it says you don't pay until the work is complete, but it may ask for the payment information up front. 

I would tell you that this company is a legit company - they maybe pricy but otherwise seem legit.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@lindssey455 

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your computer. I am an end user. I just looked up hellotech.com and other than the fact that the domain is registered with GoDaddy, there is nothing else this has to do with GoDaddy.

I'm not sure where you are located, but I did find a BBB listing for them for their California location - https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/los-angeles/profile/network-computer/hellotech-1216-412976/complaints

At least this particular location does seem to reply - I'm not sure where the $400 came from other than if they were looking to do a new hard drive and needed to restore your data.

I was checking out their site and it says you don't pay until the work is complete, but it may ask for the payment information up front. 

I would tell you that this company is a legit company - they maybe pricy but otherwise seem legit.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post