cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Using URL Shortener after connecting to Squarespace

Before I did this, I used to live chat option to ask if it was possible.

I wanted to connect my domain to a website I am building on squarespace, and was wondering if I would be able to keep the ability to use Godaddy's url shortener and keep the already made shortened links. The person I talked to told me that it was possible and that I would not lose any of the links I had created. 

However, after connecting (not transferring) my domain to my squarespace website, I can no longer access said links, instead I am redirected to a 404 page on squarespace. 

Is it possible or not?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@carlosbsantana 

If your domain is pointed to SquareSpace, then you cannot use the shortener as well. It is an Either/Or not both due to how the domain has to point in the DNS

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV

@carlosbsantana 

If you keep the DNS with GoDaddy and just point CNAME /  A records to SquareSpace, I would say yes, but if you pointed your DNS to SquareSpace I would say no.

Also this assumes you are doing shorting with subdomains and not the primary one.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

@PL281 I connected with the tool provided by both services that does it automatically. Is there any way I can learn how to do what you say? 

I only have one domain (.com) and I use that for shortening (.com/example). 

I am sorry if I am not explaining myself correctly, I'm not a pro in the area. 

Thanks anyways!

@carlosbsantana 

If your domain is pointed to SquareSpace, then you cannot use the shortener as well. It is an Either/Or not both due to how the domain has to point in the DNS

View solution in original post