cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Switching over to new WP website - From Wix to Managed WordPress

I have built a new website for my friend using Manager Wordpress on Godaddy. Their existing website is with Wix and their domain/emails are hosted through crazy domains. I need to switch the domain over to the new website but they want to continue to keep their domain and emails at crazy domains but use the new wordpress site. How do I make this switch without affecting the emails?
Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Joep13 

I would check again this morning - it can take a few hours with some providers for the DNS to update

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV

@Joep13 

You should just need to adjust the main A @ record to point to the GoDaddy IP and you will be good to go

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

@PL281i have done this however it continues to show up with the below when i click 'refresh status':

Joep13_0-1592965552381.png

@Joep13 

I would check again this morning - it can take a few hours with some providers for the DNS to update

View solution in original post