cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Register IT domain name on behalf of someone from Italy

Hi, I am trying to register an IT domain name but it has been in "Domain setup in progress. This may take a few minutes." for almost 4 days now. I understand that it takes the Trustee service time to review and then approve. 

So I have two questions. 

1. They say it should not take more than 36 hours. It has already  been 72 hours. How can I make sure this is processed as soon as possible?

2. I am actually registering this domain on behalf of a friend who lives in Italy and has an authentic shop there. Whatever information is required  to register an IT domain, he can provide. Now GoDaddy has charged me for the trustee service, just because I am logged in from Pakistan. How can I get rid of this trustee service and provide whatever information is required to register an IT domain. 

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Register IT domain name on behalf of someone from Italy

@nadirnasir 

1) You may just have to wait - I believe that this is a bit of a manual process.

2) In order to do this without a Trustee service, I think you would need to have a GoDaddy account where the contact / etc is within the EU - I'm not 100% certain on that though.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community