cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nameserver not working

Hi i have shared hosting from 3rd party and domain from godaddy. i was using cloudflare now i want to remove it so i can't use their nameserver they said it work fine contact your domain registrar.

Whenever i add NS1 and NS2 there us unavailable error and then when i click "submit"
then i got the following error.

The data provided cannot be used, please correct it and resubmit your request.
3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Hi @Khadeer. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! Not sure what's happening in what you're describing. If you want to use your host's nameservers, try using these steps to update the nameservers. If you want to register your own customer nameservers (using your own domain) check out these instructions. Keep in mind that your host would have to support the second option if that's what you're trying to do. Hope that helps. If not, feel free to provide more information. Others in the community may be able to provide you with additional suggestions.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

No i don't want to create custom Nameserver i have shared hosting from 3rd party and want to point my domain on their nameserver.

Note: my domain already point to their server but with cloudflare now i want to remove cloudflare.

so they give me nameserver again when i login Godaddy and goto DNS manager i can't change nameserver you can see the error even on previous post.

Please let me know if you want any other info.

Community Manager

@Khadeer The most common cause of that error is that the nameservers you're trying to use are not registered. What I'd suggest would be to look up the nameservers your host provided using the nameserver option on a tool like this. You'll want to look them up one at a time. That will tell you if they are registered or not. If they are, then you'll probably need to get in touch with our support team. It's not normal that you wouldn't be able to change nameservers for your domain. If you were able to fix this, please consider following up here. Others may benefit from what you experienced.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.