cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Moving website from 1 domain to another in Godaddy

Hello, I have two domains with Godaddy and one website. I want to move it to the other and was wondering how to transfer it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

If you have two GoDaddy accounts and would like to transfer resources from one account to the other what I usually suggest is combining accounts @shorelines. This only works if both accounts are yours and you are not looking to maintain two accounts going forward. I it most simple to combine them.

If you want to maintain several accounts and simply want to transfer resources then you have a much more difficult task. How much work there is depends on the complexity of your website. Domains are easy but hosting can be difficult. For complex websites with databases are a bit of a pain to move but it can be done. There are instructions for moving websites built on WordPress or HTML and others have their own provisions.

If you want to combine accounts you can do that by syncing up your account information and contacting support via phone or chat. Only GoDaddy customer support can combine accounts. If you just to move the products and data it just depends on your current configuration but it can be done. I hope that helps?

Check out Move my domain to another GoDaddy account and Move your website to GoDaddy (shared hosting).

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

If you have two GoDaddy accounts and would like to transfer resources from one account to the other what I usually suggest is combining accounts @shorelines. This only works if both accounts are yours and you are not looking to maintain two accounts going forward. I it most simple to combine them.

If you want to maintain several accounts and simply want to transfer resources then you have a much more difficult task. How much work there is depends on the complexity of your website. Domains are easy but hosting can be difficult. For complex websites with databases are a bit of a pain to move but it can be done. There are instructions for moving websites built on WordPress or HTML and others have their own provisions.

If you want to combine accounts you can do that by syncing up your account information and contacting support via phone or chat. Only GoDaddy customer support can combine accounts. If you just to move the products and data it just depends on your current configuration but it can be done. I hope that helps?

Check out Move my domain to another GoDaddy account and Move your website to GoDaddy (shared hosting).

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

Hi @shorelines,

Welcome to the Community!

It's not clear to me what you are trying to do. If you want to move one GoDaddy domain to another GoDaddy account, you can use the instructions provided by @rd.

Do you have a website with GoDaddy connected to one domain, but want to change that connection to a different domain? So that your website is found at another URL (domain name)? If so, please reply with the type of hosting you are currently using so that our volunteers here can provide additional instruction. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support