cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

GoDaddy cancelled our domain for no reason?

We have auto-billing enabled. Go Daddy was unable to process the payment for renewal. Domain was cancelled. GoDaddy charged the same exact card $80 to recover the domain. This transaction went through ... This means our card was always valid.

So we lost the domain because of GoDaddy and unfairly charged to recover the domain (which might not even work)? Any advice here?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: GoDaddy cancelled our domain for no reason?

@b1bewss 

We have auto-billing enabled. Go Daddy was unable to process the payment for renewal. Domain was cancelled. GoDaddy charged the same exact card $80 to recover the domain. This transaction went through ... This means our card was always valid.

Unfortunately, this is an incorrect assumption. There is a very good possibility that the billing information was incorrect. Usually the expiration date needs to be changed and then it's good to go once more. 

Additionally, while auto-renew is a nice complimentary feature it is not a promise that billing will go off without a hitch. It is the responsibility of the account owner to maintain their accounts and payments. 

I'm assuming by your post that you were able to pay the recovery fee to get the domain back. This means you technically never lost the domain. It just went into the ICANN required redemption period. If the domain is not showing up in your account, then you need to contact phone support or live chat to see what's going on. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community