cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) & Whois

.Is the Whois data private as a result of the GDPR mandatory implementation ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I don't think that is 100% correct. 

In short, the GDPR applies to all businesses and organizations established in the EU, regardless of whether the data processing takes place in the EU or not. Even non-EU established organizations will be subject to GDPR. If your business offers goods and/ or services to citizens in the EU, then it's subject to GDPR.

Anyhow, I just checked and the icann whois is offuscating the private data so I think my question is answered by that. This is the right way!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rockstar II

@ctin wrote:

.Is the Whois data private as a result of the GDPR mandatory implementation ?

@ctin If you live in a country that falls under the GDPR then yes, your information is omitted from the whois database. If you live in the USA or another country that doesn't fall under the GDPR then your information is displayed in the whois as usual.

----

I don't think that is 100% correct. 

In short, the GDPR applies to all businesses and organizations established in the EU, regardless of whether the data processing takes place in the EU or not. Even non-EU established organizations will be subject to GDPR. If your business offers goods and/ or services to citizens in the EU, then it's subject to GDPR.

Anyhow, I just checked and the icann whois is offuscating the private data so I think my question is answered by that. This is the right way!

View solution in original post